On September 19 from 4 p.m., the services and preliminary results of the Pain RELife project will be presented in a public event held in Milan, at the Pirelli Hall in Palazzo Pirelli, Regione Lombardia. On the occasion, a panel of experts will illustrate and discuss the opportunities and critical issues of eHealth for chronic pain management.
Chronic pain is one of the most debilitating and costly diseases, identified by the World Health Organization as one of the world’s major public health problems. eHealth paves the way to new approaches and strategies to address this problem with increasing efficiency, at different levels: care pathways digitalization, ecological momentary assessment, Big Data Analytics, telerehabilitation, e-learning for professionals, and patients’ digital literacy.
Pain RELife is a project supported by the Lombardy Region through the European Fund for Regional Development. It is a living lab of technological solutions to improve chronic pain management, promote continuity of care and facilitate decision-making processes.
During the event, which presents the outcomes of almost 3 years of development and implementation, the consortium, coordinated by the European Institute for Oncology (IEO) will present the digital services integrated in the ecosystem, the critical issues and opportunities that emerged from the work, and its preliminary results.
The presentation will be followed by a round table with a panel of digital health and chronicity experts to further the discussion on eHealth and chronic pain management.
The event is free and open to the public, subject to registration. Discussion will be held in Italian.
The full program will be available soon.
The following is a draft programme and may be subject to change
4:00 p.m. Opening remarks
4:20 p.m. Presentation of the Pain RELife ecosystem
- Engaging patients with chronic pain in their healthcare process: the Pain RELife challenge
Gabriella Pravettoni | Professor in General Psychology, Università degli Studi di Milano, Department of Oncology and Haemato-Oncology, Director of the Psycho-oncology Division, IEO (European Institute of Oncology)
- Nuplatform: tecnology supporting healthcare pathways digitalization
Vania Manzelli | Chief Technology Officer, Nuvyta, Milan
- Process analysis and digitalization in the Pain RELife use cases: eHealth critical issues and opportunities
Costanza Conti | Research Scientist, Integrated Management Solutions, Milan
- Use cases: post-stroke pain in Pain RELife
Luca Chiveri | Neurologist, Casa di Cura del Policlinico, Milan
- Use cases: Preliminary results of the PainRELife pilot study on patients with breast cancer
Marianna Masiero | General Psychology Researcher, Università degli Studi di Milano, Department of Oncology and Haemato-Oncology; Psycho-oncology Division, IEO (European Institute of Oncology)
- Use cases: fibromyalgia in Pain RELife, combining remote exercise therapy and neurostimulation
Foivos Papaioannou | Clinical advisor, Euleria Health, Rovereto (TN)
- Improving health literacy of patients with chronic pain: the “menomale” app
Giulia Candiani | eHealth Manager, Zadig srl Benefit company, Milan
- Opportunities offered by Big Data in chronic pain management
Sara Marceglia | Professor in eHealth and Bioengineering, Università degli Studi di Trieste
5.30 p.m. Round table: Opportunities and challenges of e-health for chronic pain management
Chairperson: Natalia Milazzo, journalist
- Enrico Castanini | Commissioner for Digital Innovation in Public Administration, Liguria Region
- Marcella Curone | Migraine and Headache Centre Coordinator, Casa di cura IGEA, Milan
- Laura Demartini, Pain Therapy Unit Coordinator, Istituto Clinico Scientifico Maugeri, Pavia
- Maddalena Pelagalli | President, RelaCare Federation –Immune-mediated Diseases, Rome
- Luca Marin | Ph.D. Laboratory of Adapted Motor Activity (LAMA), Department of Public Health, Experimental and Forensic Medicine, Università degli Studi di Pavia
- Davide Mazzoni | General Psychology Researcher, Università degli Studi di Milano
- Ivan Moschetti | General Practitioner and researcher at Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milan
6.15 p.m. Cocktail